CHM version of the C++ FAQ Lite

jason.cipriani

I wanted to share this great resource with all of you guys.

C++ FAQ Lite is a free C++ online tutorial, for more info, visit the
home page:http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/index.html

Welcome to comp.lang.c++! While that FAQ is indeed a great resource,
it's also the official FAQ of comp.lang.c++ and reminders are sent out
about it at regular intervals, e.g.:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c++/browse_frm/thread/de29e4d4cf010cff
To download a CHM (legal+free) version of the tutorial, please visit
this page:http://[snip].com/site-map/computer-science/e-books/cpp-faq...

Given your recent trolling behavior as well as the fact that you did
not post a direct link to download the CHM (even though you could
have), this appears to be an ad for your blog poorly disguised as
something "helpful". What you should consider doing instead is
donating the file, link-free, to the author of the FAQ himself.

Visiting http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/index.html will always
be the easiest, best and safest way to get the most up to date version
of the FAQ.

However, interested users may download the file directly from here
instead (although you will have to tolerate more links to this blog on
the About page):

http://www.box.net/shared/7a8btolkzp

If you have arrived here while searching for the FAQ, get it from
www.parashift.com instead.

HTH,
Jason

Lawand

Don't get me wrong, I have talked to the author of the FAQ and we both
decided that there should be a solution to keeping the CHM version up-
to-date.
so I decided to give a link to a page in my blog which will contain
the latest version of the CHM.
and this indirection also helps users post Errata or other requests.
and also helps me change the link in case I hosted the file on another
hosting service in case my monthly bandwidth was consumed.

BTW, did you notice that the blog is ad-free?