CHM version of the C++ FAQ Lite

Discussion in 'C++' started by Lawand, Dec 27, 2008.

  1. Lawand

    Lawand Guest

    Lawand, Dec 27, 2008

  2. Lawand

    Guest

    On Dec 27, 2:01 pm, <> wrote:
    > I wanted to share this great resource with all of you guys.
    >
    > C++ FAQ Lite is a free C++ online tutorial, for more info, visit the
    > home page:http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/index.html

    Welcome to comp.lang.c++! While that FAQ is indeed a great resource,
    it's also the official FAQ of comp.lang.c++ and reminders are sent out
    about it at regular intervals, e.g.:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c /browse_frm/thread/de29e4d4cf010cff

    > To download a CHM (legal+free) version of the tutorial, please visit
    > this page:http://[snip].com/site-map/computer-science/e-books/cpp-faq...

    Given your recent trolling behavior as well as the fact that you did
    not post a direct link to download the CHM (even though you could
    have), this appears to be an ad for your blog poorly disguised as
    something "helpful". What you should consider doing instead is
    donating the file, link-free, to the author of the FAQ himself.

    Visiting http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/index.html will always
    be the easiest, best and safest way to get the most up to date version
    of the FAQ.

    However, interested users may download the file directly from here
    instead (although you will have to tolerate more links to this blog on
    the About page):

    http://www.box.net/shared/7a8btolkzp

    If you have arrived here while searching for the FAQ, get it from
    www.parashift.com instead.

    HTH,
    Jason
    , Dec 28, 2008

  3. Lawand

    Lawand Guest

    Don't get me wrong, I have talked to the author of the FAQ and we both
    decided that there should be a solution to keeping the CHM version up-
    to-date.
    so I decided to give a link to a page in my blog which will contain
    the latest version of the CHM.
    and this indirection also helps users post Errata or other requests.
    and also helps me change the link in case I hosted the file on another
    hosting service in case my monthly bandwidth was consumed.

    BTW, did you notice that the blog is ad-free?
    Lawand, Dec 28, 2008