chmod directories recursively

Fabian Steiner

Hello!

As far as I can see os.chmod() doesn't adjust permissions on directories
recusively. Is there any other possibility to achieve this aim except for
calling os.system('chmod -R /dir') directly?

Thanks,
Fabian

Jennifer Thacher

Fabian said:
Hello!

As far as I can see os.chmod() doesn't adjust permissions on directories
recusively. Is there any other possibility to achieve this aim except for
calling os.system('chmod -R /dir') directly?

Thanks,
Fabian

Check out os.path.walk.

James

Fabian Steiner

Jennifer said:
Check out os.path.walk.

Thanks for your advice. This pointed me into the right direction.
For those who are interested the function passed to os.path.walk looks like
this:

def _chownRecursive(arg, dirname, fnames):
os.chown(dirname, arg[0], arg[1])
for file in fnames:
os.chown(os.path.join(dirname, file), arg[0], arg[1])

Fabian