chocolate starfish limp bizkit - Free

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bergamot, Dec 22, 2008.

  1. Bergamot

    Bergamot Guest

    DLU wrote:
    > Stinking Russian spammers flooding USENET.

    FYI, a decent news server will filter out a lot of spam like that. Many
    of us don't even know it ever existed unless somebody posts a reply.

    IOW, if you ignore it, it will go away.

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Dec 22, 2008

  2. Bergamot

    DLU Guest

    Bergamot wrote:

    > DLU wrote:
    >> Stinking Russian spammers flooding USENET.

    > FYI, a decent news server will filter out a lot of spam like that. Many
    > of us don't even know it ever existed unless somebody posts a reply.
    >
    > IOW, if you ignore it, it will go away.

    I just us Thunderbird. I could put in a filter for anything with a .cn
    in it. These SOBs have been flooding USENET for about a week now.
    Actually my ISPs news server should be filtering it for me.
    I ge very little spam as my ISP is really aggressive when it comes to
    filers. they use Spamhaus, UCE protect, and a couple of other block
    lists. However, Google should be blocking this also.

    --
    ***************************************
    * This is the Spammish Inquisition *
    DLU, Dec 22, 2008

  3. Bergamot

    rf Guest

    DLU wrote:

    [spam]

    > However, Google should be blocking this also.

    Yeah, right.

    Ever complained to google about the truckloads of spam eminating from there?

    They "do not police usenet".
    rf, Dec 22, 2008
  4. Bergamot

    Bergamot Guest

    DLU wrote:
    > Bergamot wrote:
    >> DLU wrote:
    >>> Stinking Russian spammers flooding USENET.

    >> FYI, a decent news server will filter out a lot of spam like that. Many
    >> of us don't even know it ever existed unless somebody posts a reply.
    >>
    >> IOW, if you ignore it, it will go away.
    >>

    > I just us Thunderbird.

    The newsreader you read isn't so important as using a decent news
    service that filters out that junk in the first place.

    > These SOBs have been flooding USENET for about a week now.

    And I never knew about it until you posted your reply to one.

    > Google should be blocking this also.

    ROTFLMAO!

    google groups is the source for much (most?) Usenet spam these days.
    Don't expect them to do anything about it.

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Dec 22, 2008