Choose a Folder with ASP.Net

Peter Wallington

Hi All,

I want to allow a user to select a windows folder for reading. I have tried
to work it out without success. Can anyone help me out or point me in the
right direction. I am an experienced VB6 programmer but this is my first
ASP.Net project.

TIA,

Peter Wallington.

PS: I would also really appreciate any links to good ASP.Net/VB.Net forums
or newsgroups.

Curt_C [MVP]

Peter said:
Hi All,

I want to allow a user to select a windows folder for reading. I have tried
to work it out without success. Can anyone help me out or point me in the
right direction. I am an experienced VB6 programmer but this is my first
ASP.Net project.

TIA,

Peter Wallington.

PS: I would also really appreciate any links to good ASP.Net/VB.Net forums
or newsgroups.

Couple things, but most importantly you may want to hit a DotNet/.Net
group, this one is a classic ASP group.
Also, you may want to specify what you are trying and what error(s) you
are getting...

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Peter said:
Hi All,

I want to allow a user to select a windows folder for reading. I have
tried to work it out without success. Can anyone help me out or point
me in the right direction. I am an experienced VB6 programmer but
this is my first ASP.Net project.

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Peter Wallington

Curt and Bob,

You learn something new everyday. I posted to this group as I could not find
any '.Net' groups. Thanks to both of you I found the appropriate 'dotnet'
groups. I will direct my questions to those groups.

Thanks again,

Peter Wallington.

Curt_C [MVP]

Peter said:
Curt and Bob,

You learn something new everyday. I posted to this group as I could not find
any '.Net' groups. Thanks to both of you I found the appropriate 'dotnet'
groups. I will direct my questions to those groups.

Thanks again,

Peter Wallington.

No worries...
only learn by asking :}