Choosing a database to work with XML logging files.

Discussion in 'XML' started by David Collier, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. Warning - question from someone who doesn't know much!

    We have a number of outstations at remote locations, connected back to a
    central server over GPRS.

    We have concluded that we would like the outstations to send ( or possibly
    to have retrieved from them ) periodic data logs, expressed in XML.

    Nothing very complex in terms of database structure at this point.

    We will probably run under Linux.

    We need to choose a database to use. MySQL is attractive in terms of cost,
    and of the integration to display the data on dynamic web pages.

    But I gather Oracle make a big thing of how easy it is to use XML ....

    Does anyone have any hints or tips on this choice or how to make it easy
    to use XML with MySQL?

    David

    David Collier, Jul 26, 2004