Choosing a project architecture for an AJAX website in the new .NET3.0 World

Head De Ball

Hi,

I am looking to create a simple public facing website (simple in that it
doesn't have much 'process' workflow). It will be 'very AJAX' as I'll be
calling webservices mostly from Javascript to keep the UI very smooth. I
am wondering what architecture to go with. I'm looking at the .NET 3.0
stuff and it seems to be very much Workflow Workflow Workflow. In
particular I've been looking at the Web Client Software Factory on
CodePlex. Would I be better off sticking with a simple tiered
architecture as follows and go back to more of a .NET 2.0 style architecture

Level 3 = AJAX-enabled Web Pages
Level 2 = Webservices
Level 1 = SQL Server Database

Regards,