Choosing a project architecture for an AJAX website in the new .NET3.0 World

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Head De Ball, Jan 16, 2007.

  1. Head De Ball

    Head De Ball Guest

    Hi,

    I am looking to create a simple public facing website (simple in that it
    doesn't have much 'process' workflow). It will be 'very AJAX' as I'll be
    calling webservices mostly from Javascript to keep the UI very smooth. I
    am wondering what architecture to go with. I'm looking at the .NET 3.0
    stuff and it seems to be very much Workflow Workflow Workflow. In
    particular I've been looking at the Web Client Software Factory on
    CodePlex. Would I be better off sticking with a simple tiered
    architecture as follows and go back to more of a .NET 2.0 style architecture

    Level 3 = AJAX-enabled Web Pages
    Level 2 = Webservices
    Level 1 = SQL Server Database

    Regards,