Choosing elements to display in a JSP using Struts

rjweytens

Hello,

I am very new to everything web development, so please bear with me.

My development environment is:

Win2k
Tomcat 4.0.30
Apache 2.0.48
mod_jk/2.0.4
j2sdk 1.4.2
Struts 1.1
mysql 4.0.18

I am using Struts to develop my webapp in an MVC fashion. I am using
forms based authentication to a mysql database.

Using the tools in my development environment, I am wondering if it is
possible to choose the elements displayed in a JSP based on the group
the user is in (and still stay withing the MVC framework), or if that
is even the right approach. I prefer to not show options to users if
they do not have permissions to perform them.

Any suggestions or advice would be great. If you know of any
tutorials/books/web resources that you could point me to, that would
be fantastic as well.

Thanks in advance.

Randy