choosing .NET mobile control for web application's report page

Brian

RE: choosing .NET mobile control for web application's report page

I would like to create a mobile web application having a report page
displaying several fields per line. An additional requirement is that it
should have an editable checkBox (preferable) or modifyable HTML Link
(toggling displayed text between 'not selected' and 'selected') in the first
column. The checkBox_clicked or Link_clicked event will envoke code to
toggle a binary value in the database.

If I understand my options, the only mobile device controls available to
create this writable report are:

a) List - ReadOnly, does not allow UI dynamic controls (including
checkboxes/Links/Command button) on, or between each line.

b) SelectionBox - Includes a check box for each line.
Drawbacks include no pagination, and text beside the checkbox is *** limited
to one field. ***

c) ObjectList: Includes pagination, multiple fields/columns on details
(drill down) page ONLY. Drilling down into the data takes time, and I would
prefer not to use templating and force the user to bring up a 'details'
page.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would suggest a way to create this
report or confirm that creating a report page meeting these requirements is
impossible using .NET mobile controls.

Brian

KarinJ

Brian,
have you come up with a solution to your problem? I want to do the same thing, or similar... basically a master-detail scenario, with the master info; NOT as a clickable link, at the top, and the detail underneath it. In my asp.net application I used a datagrid (with a nested datagrid for the detail)for this, but for the mobile version I was thinking of using a List for the master info, and a nested Selectionlist (the user is presented with a set of options to choose from) for the detail.
I want to implement pagebreaks after every Item's detail.

Do you know if this can be done on mobile pages? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.