Choosing security method for .net and java clients on different OSs

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by pawel.krolak@gmail.com, Feb 3, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi guys!

    I have to choose a security method for my web service. PLEASE HELP
    ME... I have a problem... The definition is:

    1. I have created web service with several methods e.g.
    method 1: SignIn(login, passwd) (if needed)
    method 2: id = PrepareSomething()
    method 3: Something = GetPreparedSomething(id)
    method 4: SignOut() (if needed)

    2. Web Service is created using .NET 2.0 (VS 2005)/Windows 2003 server

    3. There are about 5-10 clients using different platforms/OS (Windows/
    Unix/Linux) and applications created in different languages
    (mainly .NET 1.0/.NET 2.0, Java)

    4. Web service is accessible in Internet.

    5. Objects, that are returned by this web service, are rather small.

    6. I have to secure this web service - only some users can access it.

    What method of securing this web service should I choose? Do you have
    any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Pawel Krolak
    , Feb 3, 2007