    Thanks much,

    Mike
    , Jul 5, 2007

  2. since you have already searched, how do we know what you think is "appropriate" ?

    Jon Paal [MSMD], Jul 5, 2007

  3. On Jul 5, 10:12 pm, wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > I have been looking around for a third-party component that allows me
    > to manage the location to which I upload files (i.e, I can create new
    > directories, browse to a directory, etc on the server), but I have not
    > seen anything that seems appropriate. Does anyone know of any such
    > beast?

    Hi Mike

    It can be easily done with ASP.NET

    to upload a file

    FileUploadControl.PostedFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("/Images/") +
    FileName);

    to browse the directory

    for each (string s in Directory.GetFiles(Server.MapPath("/Images/"),
    "*.gif")

    and so on...

    Hope it helps
    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 5, 2007

    On Jul 5, 3:23 pm, "Jon Paal [MSMD]" <Jon[ nospam ]Paal @ everywhere
    dot com> wrote:
    > since you have already searched, how do we know what you think is "appropriate" ?

    Perhaps I was too subtle in my first post. I am wondering if there
    are any third party tools that allow me to do the following common
    file and folder operations from an asp.net page.

    * Uploading
    * Deleting
    * Renaming
    * Copying
    * Zipping
    * Moving

    There is an example at http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WebFileManager.asp
    of something that may be workable after some study.
    , Jul 5, 2007

    On Jul 5, 3:40 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    > On Jul 5, 10:12 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > All,

    > > I have been looking around for a third-party component that allows me
    > > to manage the location to which I upload files (i.e, I can create new
    > > directories, browse to a directory, etc on the server), but I have not
    > > seen anything that seems appropriate. Does anyone know of any such
    > > beast?

    > Hi Mike
    >
    > It can be easily done with ASP.NET
    >
    > to upload a file
    >
    > FileUploadControl.PostedFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("/Images/") +
    > FileName);
    >
    > to browse the directory
    >
    > for each (string s in Directory.GetFiles(Server.MapPath("/Images/"),
    > "*.gif")
    > {

    > and so on...
    >
    > Hope it helps

    Hi Alexey,

    Thanks much for the help. I'll try this out.

    Mike
    , Jul 5, 2007
  6. On Jul 5, 10:50 pm, wrote:

    > Hi Alexey,
    >
    > Thanks much for the help. I'll try this out.
    >
    > Mike- Hide quoted text -

    the example you sent, does all things you need
    Why don't you like it?
    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 5, 2007

    On Jul 5, 3:57 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    > On Jul 5, 10:50 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Alexey,

    > > Thanks much for the help. I'll try this out.

    > > Mike- Hide quoted text -

    > the example you sent, does all things you need
    > Why don't you like it?

    Hi Alexey,

    It may work just fine. I had just found it and had not gotten a chance
    to look at it more carefully. Perhaps you or someone else knew this
    example already and knew of another third-party tool that was
    preferable. I'll have a chance to investigate the example I noted
    more tonight.

    Thanks,

    Mike
    , Jul 6, 2007
  8. The example you linked, if I remember correctly is ASP.NET 1.1 and has a
    TreeView options and kinda looks like an FTP app with left and right panes.
    If that's the one, I'd suggest stopping there and study it well.
    Peter
    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    BlogMetaFinder(BETA): http://www.blogmetafinder.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jul 6, 2007
  9. uh, looks like you already found it....

    Jon Paal [MSMD], Jul 6, 2007