Chose file upload location

mjgrinnell

All,

I have been looking around for a third-party component that allows me
to manage the location to which I upload files (i.e, I can create new
directories, browse to a directory, etc on the server), but I have not
seen anything that seems appropriate. Does anyone know of any such
beast?

Thanks much,

Mike

Jon Paal [MSMD]

since you have already searched, how do we know what you think is "appropriate" ?

Guest

All,

I have been looking around for a third-party component that allows me
to manage the location to which I upload files (i.e, I can create new
directories, browse to a directory, etc on the server), but I have not
seen anything that seems appropriate. Does anyone know of any such
beast?

Hi Mike

It can be easily done with ASP.NET

to upload a file

FileUploadControl.PostedFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("/Images/") +
FileName);

to browse the directory

for each (string s in Directory.GetFiles(Server.MapPath("/Images/"),
"*.gif")

and so on...

Hope it helps

mjgrinnell

since you have already searched, how do we know what you think is "appropriate" ?

Perhaps I was too subtle in my first post. I am wondering if there
are any third party tools that allow me to do the following common
file and folder operations from an asp.net page.

* Uploading
* Deleting
* Renaming
* Copying
* Zipping
* Moving

There is an example at http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WebFileManager.asp
of something that may be workable after some study.

mjgrinnell

Hi Mike

It can be easily done with ASP.NET

to upload a file

FileUploadControl.PostedFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("/Images/") +
FileName);

to browse the directory

for each (string s in Directory.GetFiles(Server.MapPath("/Images/"),
"*.gif")

and so on...

Hope it helps

Hi Alexey,

Thanks much for the help. I'll try this out.

Mike

mjgrinnell

the example you sent, does all things you need
Why don't you like it?

Hi Alexey,

It may work just fine. I had just found it and had not gotten a chance
to look at it more carefully. Perhaps you or someone else knew this
example already and knew of another third-party tool that was
preferable. I'll have a chance to investigate the example I noted
more tonight.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest

The example you linked, if I remember correctly is ASP.NET 1.1 and has a
TreeView options and kinda looks like an FTP app with left and right panes.
If that's the one, I'd suggest stopping there and study it well.
Peter

Jon Paal [MSMD]

uh, looks like you already found it....