chronic error with python on mac os/x 10.5

Tzury Bar Yochay

Although I am experiencing this problem using a specific domain
library (pjsip). Googling this issue show that it is happening to many
libraries in python on mac.

I was wondering whether anyone solved this or alike in the past and
might share what steps were taken.
Note: this python lib works fine on other platforms (posix, win, and
earlier versions of mac os x)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
lib/python2.5/site-packages/py_pjsua.so, 2): Symbol not found:
___CFConstantStringClassReference
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
lib/python2.5/site-packages/py_pjsua.so
Expected in: dynamic lookup

martin.laloux

I don't known pjsip but this problem generally occurs when the library
(dylib) on which the file (.so) depends is not the good one
Googling this issue show that it is happening to many
libraries in python on mac.

?????? I am working in python on mac since a lot of time I seldom have
such problems. When you compile a .so file, it depends on a dylib
library and you must have the good one (version)