circular reference in cross page post back

WebBuilder451

I'm reying to get around the problem of cross page post back. I'm attempting
to use an interface to cast the previous page.
if (PreviousPage != null)
{
ICommonPostback frm = PreviousPage as ICommonPostback;
will work. If i reference this page directly using the <%@ PreviousPageType
VirtualPath="~/Admin/ItemMaster.aspx" %> i get a circular reference.

--
(i''ll be asking a lot of these, but I find C# totally way cooler than vb
and there''s no go''n back!!!)

kes

Teemu Keiski

Are you doing cross-page postback to the same page if you'd get circular
reference?

Only way the cast succeeds is that the previous page really implements the
interface.

WebBuilder451

Thanks for replying.
I ended up using an Interface. The problem was that both pages refered to
each other. I was suprised that so little was written about this on the web.
I even posted my results so that other could benifit. It's a humble effort,
but i hope it will help some.