    that.

    Thanks in advance,
    Andrew Wilkinson

    Andrew Wilkinson, Jun 8, 2004

  2. In article <ca4nbn$s6a$>,
    Andrew Wilkinson <> wrote:

    > Has anyone out there cited Python in a paper, if so how did you do it? Is
    > there a published paper by Guido van Rossum (or someone similarly important
    > to the project) that is suitable for this?
    >
    > Currently I'm just citing http://www.python.org, but I'm not too happy with
    > that.

    I've done it a couple times. When I do, I just cite
    G. van Rossum et al., Python Language Website, http://www.python.org/.
    For more specific ideas within Python it may make sense to cite one of
    the PEP's, which I think are just like tech reports.

    David Eppstein, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Andrew Wilkinson

    Brian Gough Guest

    Andrew Wilkinson <> writes:

    > Has anyone out there cited Python in a paper, if so how did you do it? Is
    > there a published paper by Guido van Rossum (or someone similarly important
    > to the project) that is suitable for this?

    See Guido van Rossum's publication list:
    http://www.python.org/~guido/Publications.html

    --
    Brian Gough

    Network Theory Ltd,
    Publishing the Python Manuals --- http://www.network-theory.co.uk/

    Brian Gough, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Andrew Wilkinson

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "Andrew Wilkinson" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone out there cited Python in a paper, if so how did you do it? Is
    > there a published paper by Guido van Rossum (or someone similarly

    important
    > to the project) that is suitable for this?
    >
    > Currently I'm just citing http://www.python.org, but I'm not too happy

    with
    > that.

    I would cite the reference manual which defines the language, and others
    have posted that they have done so. I believe that this is a pretty
    standard way to cite a language. The exact format depends where your paper
    is published.

    Terry J. Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Jun 8, 2004