    scripting language -- presumably with documentation of the user-usable
    functions, classes, and methods.

    Terry J. Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Dec 11, 2004

  2. Terry Reedy

    Carl Banks Guest

    Terry Ready wrote:
    > "*Civilization IV* [Sid Meier's latest, due out next year] has been
    > designed to fully support the mod community. The game is written

    using
    > flexible XML data files and the Python scripting language so modders

    will
    > have no trouble at all creating their own personalized worlds, units,
    > techniques, and historical events. Advanced modders will even be able

    > control the AI."

    Advancement: PYTHON
    Requires: Computers, Mythology
    Effect:
    * Increases revenue generated by capitalization by 300%
    * Makes two unhappy citizens happy
    * Renders all Wonders of the World in all other countries completely
    obsolete
    * Boosts production of Research Lab by 150%
    * Gives all military units a 200% increase in attack power, 100%
    increase in defense, and a tenfold increase in accuracy
    * Decreases corruption by 50% in every city.
    * Decreases the maintenance costs of the following buildings by 1:
    - Airport
    - Bank
    - Factory
    - Harbour
    - Hydro Plant
    - Mass Transit
    - Nuclear Plant
    - Power Plant
    - SDI Defense
    - Stock Exchange
    - University
    * Scientists' science output increased by 50%
    * Entertainers luxury output increased by 50%
    * Automatically decreases the morale in every city of all countries
    that have PERL advance but not PYTHON by 50%

    --
    CARL BANKS
    Carl Banks, Dec 11, 2004

  3. Terry Reedy

    Tim Jarman Guest

    In article <>,
    "Carl Banks" <> wrote:

    > Advancement: PYTHON
    > Requires: Computers, Mythology
    > Effect:
    > * Increases revenue generated by capitalization by 300%
    > * Makes two unhappy citizens happy
    > * Renders all Wonders of the World in all other countries completely
    > obsolete
    > * Boosts production of Research Lab by 150%
    > * Gives all military units a 200% increase in attack power, 100%
    > increase in defense, and a tenfold increase in accuracy
    > * Decreases corruption by 50% in every city.
    > * Decreases the maintenance costs of the following buildings by 1:
    > - Airport
    > - Bank
    > - Factory
    > - Harbour
    > - Hydro Plant
    > - Mass Transit
    > - Nuclear Plant
    > - Power Plant
    > - SDI Defense
    > - Stock Exchange
    > - University
    > * Scientists' science output increased by 50%
    > * Entertainers luxury output increased by 50%
    > * Automatically decreases the morale in every city of all countries
    > that have PERL advance but not PYTHON by 50%

    And of course you can build the Google Wonder! ;)

    --
    Remove luncheon meat to reply.
    Tim Jarman, Dec 11, 2004