Clasic ASP Connection String

Prabhat

Hi All,

I have BIG Problem in ASP.

I have a ADO Connection that I Want to Connect to DBASE IV Database Located
in a Local Networked System.

The DBASE Database is located in other system then the IIS System in the
same Network.But Both are in the same Local Network

When I Try the Connection String:
ConStr = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source =
\\raddb\dbase\;Extended Properties = DBASE IV; User ID=Admin;Password="

I get ERROR "is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled
correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file
resides."

But When I Try the DB in same system that works fine. I am Confused If the
way I used to connecto to Networked SYstem is Correct?

Also the Same Connection String WORKS Fine If I run that from a VB
Application. But NOT from a ASP Application.

Please Help
Prabhat

Prabhat

Hi,

The IIS Server and the Dbase DB are in 2 different Systems in a Same
Network.

Thanks

Tried Server.MapPath()'ing the DB path?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Prabhat

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the Link. That is the Solution I was looking for. Thanks
Prabhat