Clasic ASP Connection String

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Prabhat, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. Prabhat

    Prabhat Guest

    Hi All,

    I have BIG Problem in ASP.

    I have a ADO Connection that I Want to Connect to DBASE IV Database Located
    in a Local Networked System.

    The DBASE Database is located in other system then the IIS System in the
    same Network.But Both are in the same Local Network

    When I Try the Connection String:
    ConStr = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source =
    \\raddb\dbase\;Extended Properties = DBASE IV; User ID=Admin;Password="

    I get ERROR "is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled
    correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file
    resides."

    But When I Try the DB in same system that works fine. I am Confused If the
    way I used to connecto to Networked SYstem is Correct?

    Also the Same Connection String WORKS Fine If I run that from a VB
    Application. But NOT from a ASP Application.

    Please Help
    Prabhat

    Prabhat, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Prabhat

    Steven Burn Guest

    Tried Server.MapPath()'ing the DB path?

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Prabhat

    Prabhat Guest

    Hi,

    The IIS Server and the Dbase DB are in 2 different Systems in a Same
    Network.

    Thanks

    Prabhat, Mar 10, 2005
  4. You can't use \\UNC\ unless WEBSERVER\IUSR_WEBSERVER has local access rights
    on \\UNC\ ...

    http://www.aspfaq.com/2168

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Mar 10, 2005
  5. Prabhat

    Prabhat Guest

    Hi Aaron,

    Thanks for the Link. That is the Solution I was looking for. Thanks
    Prabhat

    Prabhat, Mar 11, 2005