Class association

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by UK, Jan 4, 2006.

  1. UK

    UK Guest

    In c#, I'm trying to write a webservice which the client application will
    consume (by web referencing). I need to expose properties of one class thru
    another class to client. For e.g.

    ARI.Crt.Arg.Name (set/get)
    ARI.Crt.Arg.value (set/get)

    ARI - is a serializable class exposed thru the webservice to the client
    Crt - is an internal class to be exposed thru ARI class (client can't
    instantiate this class but can use methods/properties of this class thru ARI
    e.g: ARI.Crt.EgProp = "It Worked")
    Arg - is an internal class to be exposed thru Crt class (client can't
    instantiate this class but can use methods/properties of this class thru Crt
    class e.g: ARI.Crt.Arg.Name = "Success")

    Is this possible. If so, how would I go about it. Are there any articles on
    the internet which might help me?

    2. In the same web service, I also have to expose a collection of sort
    objects (where sort is a class with Exp prpperty that can be set/got) to
    client. e.g:

    ARI.Srt[0].Exp = "Expression 0";
    ARI.Srt[1].Exp = "Expression 1";

    How would I accomplish this??