    template structures?

    Thanks

    Phil
    Philipp Kraus, Sep 17, 2011

  2. Philipp Kraus

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Sat, 2011-09-17, Philipp Kraus wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have written a framework that is a head-only structure and using

    "Head-only"?

    > templates. For documentation I would like to create a class diagram
    > which shows all cardinalities and derivations.
    > I'm using XCode and it can build a diagram but only from instanciated
    > classes. XCode build the diagram if I set myclass<int> but not with
    > tempate<typename T> class {}
    > So I can create the whole diagram only if I write an example program
    > which creates objects of each class.
    >
    > Do you know a good documentation tool to create class diagrams with the
    > template structures?

    I'd use paper and pencil, to quickly get a picture which focuses on
    the important parts. I find drawing tools too slow and tedious. And
    automatic tools like Doxygen can't know which parts are important
    and which are not (assuming Doxygen works at all with templates).

    Or perhaps you should write that example program.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
    Jorgen Grahn, Sep 17, 2011

  3. On 2011-09-17 15:52:31 +0200, Jorgen Grahn said:

    > On Sat, 2011-09-17, Philipp Kraus wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have written a framework that is a head-only structure and using

    > "Head-only"?

    sorry typo error: header-only

    >> templates. For documentation I would like to create a class diagram
    >> which shows all cardinalities and derivations.
    >> I'm using XCode and it can build a diagram but only from instanciated
    >> classes. XCode build the diagram if I set myclass<int> but not with
    >> tempate<typename T> class {}
    >> So I can create the whole diagram only if I write an example program
    >> which creates objects of each class.
    >>
    >> Do you know a good documentation tool to create class diagrams with the
    >> template structures?

    > I'd use paper and pencil, to quickly get a picture which focuses on
    > the important parts. I find drawing tools too slow and tedious. And
    > automatic tools like Doxygen can't know which parts are important
    > and which are not (assuming Doxygen works at all with templates).

    Yes, I use at this time doxygen, but doxygen can support graphvis for
    drawing, but I don't test it.

    I would like to create a diagram like
    http://img.skitch.com/20091122-j6q7axd8up53qb1m1xdaxswrai.png

    > Or perhaps you should write that example program.

    *g* a lot of work....

    Thanks

    Phil
    Philipp Kraus, Sep 17, 2011
  4. Philipp Kraus

    red floyd Guest

    On 9/17/2011 7:03 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
    > On 2011-09-17 15:52:31 +0200, Jorgen Grahn said:

    > Yes, I use at this time doxygen, but doxygen can support graphvis for
    > drawing, but I don't test it.

    Doxygen with GraphVis works very nicely. I've used it.
    red floyd, Sep 17, 2011
  5. Philipp Kraus

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Sat, 2011-09-17, Philipp Kraus wrote:
    > On 2011-09-17 15:52:31 +0200, Jorgen Grahn said:
    >
    >> On Sat, 2011-09-17, Philipp Kraus wrote:

    >>> So I can create the whole diagram only if I write an example program
    >>> which creates objects of each class.
    >>>
    >>> Do you know a good documentation tool to create class diagrams with the
    >>> template structures?

    >> I'd use paper and pencil, to quickly get a picture which focuses on
    >> the important parts. I find drawing tools too slow and tedious. And
    >> automatic tools like Doxygen can't know which parts are important
    >> and which are not (assuming Doxygen works at all with templates).

    > Yes, I use at this time doxygen, but doxygen can support graphvis for
    > drawing, but I don't test it.

    I've used it, and I still recommend paper and pencil.

    > I would like to create a diagram like
    > http://img.skitch.com/20091122-j6q7axd8up53qb1m1xdaxswrai.png
    >
    >> Or perhaps you should write that example program.

    > *g* a lot of work....

    How can you write a template framework without writing any example
    programs? You can't test it unless you instantiate those templates.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
    Jorgen Grahn, Sep 18, 2011
  6. On 2011-09-18 01:25:35 +0200, Jorgen Grahn said:

    > On Sat, 2011-09-17, Philipp Kraus wrote:

    >>> I'd use paper and pencil, to quickly get a picture which focuses on
    >>> the important parts. I find drawing tools too slow and tedious. And
    >>> automatic tools like Doxygen can't know which parts are important
    >>> and which are not (assuming Doxygen works at all with templates).

    >> Yes, I use at this time doxygen, but doxygen can support graphvis for
    >> drawing, but I don't test it.

    > I've used it, and I still recommend paper and pencil.
    >
    >> I would like to create a diagram like
    >> http://img.skitch.com/20091122-j6q7axd8up53qb1m1xdaxswrai.png
    >>
    >>> Or perhaps you should write that example program.

    >> *g* a lot of work....

    > How can you write a template framework without writing any example
    > programs? You can't test it unless you instantiate those templates.

    My examples are not under the framework path, so I would like to create
    only the documentation without the examples.
    I would like to use a "reverse engenieering tool", which reads the
    files under the framework and can create the diagram(s).
    I've tested www.visual-paradigm.com it's a nice tool, but I wouldn't by
    a licence at this time (reverse engeniering needs a licence).

    Phil
    Philipp Kraus, Sep 20, 2011
  7. On 2011-09-17 22:58:42 +0200, red floyd said:

    > On 9/17/2011 7:03 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
    >> On 2011-09-17 15:52:31 +0200, Jorgen Grahn said:

    >> Yes, I use at this time doxygen, but doxygen can support graphvis for
    >> drawing, but I don't test it.
    >>

    > Doxygen with GraphVis works very nicely. I've used it.

    I've found MetaUML (http://metauml.sourceforge.net/old/index.html) too,
    that create nice diagrams with TeX.
    Now I need a tool, which convert my classes into MetaUML code

    PHil
    Philipp Kraus, Sep 20, 2011