    Any free tool ?

    Are those tools efficient to prevent bytecode decompilation ?

    Thanks !
    zebulon, Jul 17, 2004

  2. zebulon

    Chris Smith Guest

    zebulon wrote:

    > Which tools will turn my jar into a windows exe ?
    >
    > Which tools will turn my jar into a windows exe that won't require the JRE
    > to work ?
    >
    > Any free tool ?

    Excelsior JET (not free), and gcj (free).

    > Are those tools efficient to prevent bytecode decompilation ?

    Yes.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Jul 17, 2004

  3. zebulon

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Jul 17, 2004
  4. zebulon

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Jul 17, 2004
  5. zebulon

    zebulon Guest

    Thanks !

    zebulon, Jul 17, 2004
  6. On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 13:59:34 +0200, zebulon wrote:

    > Are those tools efficient to prevent bytecode decompilation ?

    Depends how you look at it. You are vastly
    increasing your overheads as soon as you approach
    native compilation.
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exe>

    And, is your code *really* that bad that you
    have to obfuscate it? ;-)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Jul 17, 2004