class files lost in eclipse project

horst

Hey !

I lost my java clas files in my eclipse project.
I try to build the project but without any success.

I try to clean my project and rebuild it, but only success!

But how get I my class files back?

What is going wrong?

horst

hicks

horst said:
Hey !

I lost my java clas files in my eclipse project.
I try to build the project but without any success.

I try to clean my project and rebuild it, but only success!

But how get I my class files back?

What is going wrong?

horst

Sounds like your project has build problems somewhere. Have you checked
the 'Problems' view?

Roland de Ruiter

yes, but there was not a hint!
Is there an error or problem marker on your project?
Try to refresh your project: select project (or source folder) in the
package explorer and use File > Refresh (or hit F5).

IchBin

Roland said:
Is there an error or problem marker on your project?
Try to refresh your project: select project (or source folder) in the
package explorer and use File > Refresh (or hit F5).

I am running 3.2. I think they moved the 'Rebuild Project' option
because I do not see it where it use to be. So a back door way to
rebuild a project, do this:

- Right click on Project / Preferences / Java compiler
- Then check 'enable project specific settings'
- Change he compiler compliance level. The project will be rebuilt.
- Make sure you change the compliance level back to what it was and
disable the 'enable project specific settings',

Thanks in Advance...

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Oliver Wong

IchBin said:
I am running 3.2. I think they moved the 'Rebuild Project' option because
I do not see it where it use to be. So a back door way to rebuild a
project, do this:

- Right click on Project / Preferences / Java compiler
- Then check 'enable project specific settings'
- Change he compiler compliance level. The project will be rebuilt.
- Make sure you change the compliance level back to what it was and
disable the 'enable project specific settings',

An easy way to force a rebuild in 3.2 is "Project -> Clean", and then
select which projects you want to rebuild.

- Oliver

horst

Oliver said:
An easy way to force a rebuild in 3.2 is "Project -> Clean", and then
select which projects you want to rebuild.

- Oliver

O.K I have done your suggestion comlete! But without any success !

mmh...
I do not know what is to do!?!

Horst

hicks

horst said:
O.K I have done your suggestion comlete! But without any success !

mmh...
I do not know what is to do!?!

Horst

You must have a build problem somewhere in your project if Eclipse is
not generating the .class files. The problem could be a due to missing
jar files, or if you have several projects, there could be a missing
project dependancy.

Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm having the same issue

It's not a compilation error. Eclipse takes a fraction of a second to "build", flashing the progress bar, then "completes" without error. There are no compilation errors, and Eclipse acts as if everything is fine... except there are no class files to show for it!

I had mapped the output folder to a network drive, and I might have lost connectivity to the drive briefly when I had to change my samba password. But now all the samba stuff is fixed; I can copy files from my computer to the network drive via samba, but no output files are written.

When I change the output folder to a folder on my local machine, I still get no class files. I have cleaned and refreshed a zillion (ok, maybe half a dozen) times, but to no avail.

Anyone have any idea of what is going on?

Joined
Aug 9, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I had the same issue

I spent like an hour on this issue trying to exit from MyEclipse and starting it back on. At the end, it turned out to be a much simpler issue. I had this FTP client open which was pointing to the com folder under the classes folder. This was preventing MyEclipse from deleting the com folder before performing the complete "clean" function.

If you have any other program that has these output folders open under the classes folder, please close them and run the "clean" function again.

Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Look at the Problems view

I had the same problem. For me, when I checked the problems view, I saw that there were missing files from other projects. Eclipse was still looking for them causing them not to build. Since my project was depending on the other projects, it could not build, causing no class files. I removed the reference from Eclipse did a clean.

Hope this helps.

Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Software Engineer

It's not a compilation error. Eclipse takes a fraction of a second to "build", flashing the progress bar, then "completes" without error. There are no compilation errors, and Eclipse acts as if everything is fine... except there are no class files to show for it!

I had mapped the output folder to a network drive, and I might have lost connectivity to the drive briefly when I had to change my samba password. But now all the samba stuff is fixed; I can copy files from my computer to the network drive via samba, but no output files are written.

When I change the output folder to a folder on my local machine, I still get no class files. I have cleaned and refreshed a zillion (ok, maybe half a dozen) times, but to no avail.

Anyone have any idea of what is going on?
I also faced the same issue:
Do the Following Things.
1)Validate the Project.
2)Solve the Issues of BuildPath