class generator

bob

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool (preferable with a gui but thats not essential)
that will generate my class header and .cxx file. i.e. I tell the tool
that my class is to have attributes x,y,z, of type a, b, c etc. and it
will generate the header and .cxx... i.e. essentially to save me time
each time I have to add a new class to my project.

I'm on windows with borland c++ builder.

thanks much

GrahamO

Victor Bazarov

I'm looking for a tool [..]

I'm on windows with borland c++ builder.

Have you tried asking in a Windows newsgroup or a Borland
C++ Builder newsgroup? What did they say?

bob

no reply from those groups... any ideas on this group? surely there is
some sort of tool out there that does this, no? If not then there's
thousands and thousands of c++ developers writing the same mindless
lines of code over and over and over and.... :)

cheers

GrahamO

I'm looking for a tool [..]
I'm on windows with borland c++ builder.Have you tried asking in a Windows newsgroup or a Borland
C++ Builder newsgroup? What did they say?

Dave Rahardja

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool (preferable with a gui but thats not essential)
that will generate my class header and .cxx file. i.e. I tell the tool
that my class is to have attributes x,y,z, of type a, b, c etc. and it
will generate the header and .cxx... i.e. essentially to save me time
each time I have to add a new class to my project.

I'm on windows with borland c++ builder.

thanks much

GrahamO

Although there are many tools to do this, try looking into your text editor
macro language. Maybe there's an easy way to at least get a skeleton of the
class created.

bjeremy

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool (preferable with a gui but thats not essential)
that will generate my class header and .cxx file. i.e. I tell the tool
that my class is to have attributes x,y,z, of type a, b, c etc. and it
will generate the header and .cxx... i.e. essentially to save me time
each time I have to add a new class to my project.

I'm on windows with borland c++ builder.

thanks much

GrahamO

Eclipse (free IDE) with the C++ plugin... if you are using Windows,
you will also need to install Cygwin or MinGW... the Eclipse plugin
will let you use a C++ perspective, when you create a new C++ class
your header file and implementation files will be automatically
generated... The constructors/destructors will also be creted for you
(you can specify them in the New C++ class dialog)... as far as other
members... no... however, I believe Eclipse has another program that
will let you incorporate UML diagrams and create classes from those
diagrams... but I haven't looked at that, and it may only work in Java
perspectives.