    thanks much

    GrahamO

    , Jan 29, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I'm looking for a tool [..]
    >
    > I'm on windows with borland c++ builder.

    Have you tried asking in a Windows newsgroup or a Borland
    C++ Builder newsgroup? What did they say?

    Victor Bazarov, Jan 29, 2007

    no reply from those groups... any ideas on this group? surely there is
    some sort of tool out there that does this, no? If not then there's
    thousands and thousands of c++ developers writing the same mindless
    lines of code over and over and over and.... :)

    cheers

    GrahamO

  4. On 29 Jan 2007 03:20:04 -0800, "" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm looking for a tool (preferable with a gui but thats not essential)
    >that will generate my class header and .cxx file. i.e. I tell the tool
    >that my class is to have attributes x,y,z, of type a, b, c etc. and it
    >will generate the header and .cxx... i.e. essentially to save me time
    >each time I have to add a new class to my project.
    >
    >I'm on windows with borland c++ builder.
    >
    >thanks much
    >
    >GrahamO

    Although there are many tools to do this, try looking into your text editor
    macro language. Maybe there's an easy way to at least get a skeleton of the
    class created.

    Dave Rahardja, Jan 29, 2007
  5. bjeremy Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a tool (preferable with a gui but thats not essential)
    > that will generate my class header and .cxx file. i.e. I tell the tool
    > that my class is to have attributes x,y,z, of type a, b, c etc. and it
    > will generate the header and .cxx... i.e. essentially to save me time
    > each time I have to add a new class to my project.
    >
    > I'm on windows with borland c++ builder.
    >
    > thanks much
    >
    > GrahamO

    Eclipse (free IDE) with the C++ plugin... if you are using Windows,
    you will also need to install Cygwin or MinGW... the Eclipse plugin
    will let you use a C++ perspective, when you create a new C++ class
    your header file and implementation files will be automatically
    generated... The constructors/destructors will also be creted for you
    (you can specify them in the New C++ class dialog)... as far as other
    members... no... however, I believe Eclipse has another program that
    will let you incorporate UML diagrams and create classes from those
    diagrams... but I haven't looked at that, and it may only work in Java
    perspectives.

    bjeremy, Jan 29, 2007
  6. Default User Guest

    Re: class generator - TPA

    wrote:

    > no reply from those groups... any ideas on this group? surely there

    newsgroup, or the group FAQ list:
    <http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html>

    Default User, Jan 29, 2007