class is there, but browser cannot find it (2nd try posting)

wnstnsmith

Dear all,

Perhaps this post is spurious, if so I apologize. I tried about 10 hours
ago, but my post seemed never to make it to the group, whereas later ones
did. Anyway.

One of my applets employs a class IDSBridge to access a remote database. It
is built from the java2.sql package that comes with IDS-Server. The strange
thing is that javac compiles everything without a hitch, but when I load the
page the applet is on in my browser (Netscape 4.7 in this case), the applet
won't start for want of a class definition. This is the errormessage:

# Verifier error
IDSBridge.doSQLQuery(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/applet/Applet;)LIDSMatrix;:
Cannot find class java2/sql/SQLException
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: IDSBridge

What is happening? All classes that make up the applet are in the same
folder.

Any input appreciated,

WS

Ike

you must have a separate jar for IDSBridge ? Typically, JDBC
implementations come in a seperate jar.

Why dont you post the sections of your code where you are doing something
along the lines of

Class.forName(driver).newInstance();

so we can try to help you. -Ike