'Class' must be marked as Serializable or have a TypeConverter other than ReferenceConverter to be p

Yogesh Parab

In our application we havr presentation layer and business laye. The
presentation layer interacts with business layer using webservice. We need
to store the object from the Business layer in the viewstate, but when we
add the object to the Viewstate, it throws exception "'Class' must be marked
as Serializable or have a TypeConverter other than ReferenceConverter to be
put in viewstate." at runtime. I have made the class of th eobject as
serializable but the problem persists. Please let me know how I can overcome
the same.

Guest

ViewState is not designed for complex types, so if you are getting this
exception you will either need to write your own converter or use Session or
Cache for it instead.
Peter