Class Not Found Exception while connecting to Oracle

Amol

Hi,
I am developing a application in using Struts Framework with Tomcat
4.1.2 as Web Server.

I am Trying to connec to to my Oracle Database. I have copied the
classes12.zip to classes\lib directory of tomcat. But still i am
getting Class Not Found Exception. Here is my code:

Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:<server Ip
Addr>:1521:infodev","infodba","infodba");

I get following Error:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Please tell me if i am doing anything wrong or i need to add anything
to this.
Thanks in Advance.

Amol.....

rkm

should it be
Class.forName("com.oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
?
just a guess. You could zip tvf the classes12.zip file and
see for sure what the names are.

rick

Amol

Hi,
Thanks for the Reply.

I have put the classes12.zip file in both the lib folders, still its
not working. Any other Suggestion??

Sudsy

Amol said:
Hi,
Thanks for the Reply.

I have put the classes12.zip file in both the lib folders, still its
not working. Any other Suggestion??

I forgot the the directory structure changed with Tomcat 4. Do
you have a directory named $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib? If so then
that's where your classes12.zip file should be installed.
I don't understand why it wouldn't be picking up the copy in
your $APP_HOME/WEB-INF/lib directory.
Unfortunately, without the actual configuration files I can't
guarantee these suggestions.