    write a program which dials phone numbers through a modem.

    Does anyone know of any classes which I could use to do this?

    (I have already looked at the API docs to no avail)

    JNU, Jul 22, 2003

  2. JNU

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 22 Jul 2003 07:16:19 -0700, (JNU) wrote
    or quoted :

    >(I have already looked at the API docs to no avail)

    check out http://mindprod.com/jgloss/serialport.html

    Dialling a phone is just a matter of sending a ATDT command to the
    serial port.

    If you want to listen to tones coming back and react, that will
    require ATAPI type stuff.

    Be aware that many virus programs will now block you from doing that.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jul 22, 2003