Classes with System.ComponentModel.DataObject not visible in ReportBuilder Data Sources

Crazy Cat

I'm wondering if this is a feature or a bug in VS 2005 (Haven't
checked it in 2008) --

If you decorate a class with the System.ComponentModel.DataObject
attribute it
doesn't appear in the list of Data Sources for the Report Builder. I
pulled my
hair out for quite a while when dealing with this recently -- I had a
class that I needed
to consume in the Report Builder but it just did not appear in the
Report Builder list of Data Sources. Once I commented out the
System.ComponentModel.DataObject (I was also
using it as a data layer object) the class was visible in the Report
Builder.

Anyone notice this -- I haven't seen it documented anywhere on the
web.

Thanks,

Crazy

[...]

Sorry to be replying to myself. I still don't know why
installvstemplates cleared out my templates, but I do know why
my MVC template was not showing up -- I forgot to set the target to
ASP.NET 3.5. Now the MVC Project Template shows up fine.