Classic asp [Dynu FTP] component Help Needed

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Michael Kujawa, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. Hi all,

    If anyone has experience with Dynu FTP object maybe
    you could help me out. Hopefully it is a simple solution.
    I "have" referred to the component documentation and I
    am still having troubles transferring a file in ascii mode

    I am sure I am doing this correctly but I still am getting
    binary transfer type and not an ascii transfer. Basically a
    user uploads a file via internet. The file then gets unzipped
    and the unzipped file is sent to a tandem server. Lastly the
    zipped and unzipped files are deleted from the user upload
    point.

    everything works except for the transfer type using dynu ftp
    It HAS to be ascii.

    <%
    zs.open "select * from FTSUsers where UserID='" & Session("UserID") & "'",
    connstrx, 3, 4
    if not zs.eof then
    pUsername=rtrim(zs("TLogin"))
    pPassword=rtrim(zs("Tpassword"))
    pDirectory=rtrim(zs("TFTPDIR"))
    Response.Write "<br>File uploaded Directory is: " & pDirectory
    Response.Write "<br>Tandem Login is: " & pUsername
    Response.Write "<br>Tandem Password is: " & pPassword & "<br>"
    else
    end if
    zs.close

    Set objZip = Server.CreateObject("XStandard.Zip")
    objZip.UnPack Session("file2"), "\ \ myserver\uncshare\ " &
    Session("UserDir") & "\InStage\"

    For Each objItem In objZip.Contents(Session("file2"))
    Session("file3") = "\ \ myserver\uncshare\ " & Session("UserDir") &
    "\InStage\" & objItem.Name
    Session("file4") = objItem.Name
    Next
    Set objZip = Nothing

    Response.Write "<br>File Path is: " & Session("file3")
    Response.Write "<br>File Name is: " & Session("file4") & "<BR><BR>"

    Set oFTP = Server.Createobject("Dynu.FTP")
    pServer = "10.85.217.30"

    pLocalfile = Session("file3")
    pRemoteFile = pDirectory & "/" & Session("file4")
    If oFTP.Connect(cstr(pServer), cstr(pUsername), cstr(pPassword), 21) Then
    Response.Write "Logged on to Ftp server successfully!"
    If oFtp.PutFile(cstr(pLocalfile), cstr(pRemoteFile), , "ascii") Then
    Response.Write "<BR>" & oFTP.ReturnMessage & "<br>"
    Response.Write "<br>File uploaded successfully!"
    Else
    Response.Write "<br>File upload failed!"
    Response.Write "<BR>" & oFTP.ReturnMessage & "<br>"
    End If
    Else
    Response.Write "<br>Login to Ftp server failed!<br>"
    End If
    set oFTP = nothing

    Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload")
    Upload.DeleteFile Session("file2")
    Upload.DeleteFile Session("file3")
    %>

    and the error I get is:
    553 Error: Structured file transfer only allowed in ascii mode
    Michael Kujawa, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Michael Kujawa

    Mike Brind Guest

    Michael Kujawa wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > If anyone has experience with Dynu FTP object maybe
    > you could help me out.

    I would have thought you are much more likely to get a helpful response
    from .

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Apr 26, 2006

  3. One would think wouldn't one.

    But that is not the case. I have emailed
    and phoned and emailed and phoned until
    my fingers are more tired from that then generating
    income from finishing the site..

    This is the last part of the process and I did not really
    see any other classic ASP components out there to
    do ftp puts on a internal ftp server [or external for that matter]

    Does anyone have any recommendations?? either how
    to get this to work or other 3rd party vendors for a classic asp
    ftp component?

    Michael Kujawa, Apr 26, 2006
  4. On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:26:20 -0500, "Michael Kujawa" <nof at kujawas dot
    net> wrote:
    in <>

    >One would think wouldn't one.
    >
    >But that is not the case. I have emailed
    >and phoned and emailed and phoned until
    >my fingers are more tired from that then generating
    >income from finishing the site..
    >
    >This is the last part of the process and I did not really
    >see any other classic ASP components out there to
    >do ftp puts on a internal ftp server [or external for that matter]
    >
    >Does anyone have any recommendations?? either how
    >to get this to work or other 3rd party vendors for a classic asp
    >ftp component?

    I've had success using a web based SQL Server to maintain a list of
    requests such as creating PDFs, uploading files via FTP, and other
    various tasks that are initiated via various web ASP interfaces.

    A desktop computer behind my firewall running a tiny VB6 app polls an
    ASP every five minutes and returns a list of requests to be processed
    which are delegated to another VB6 app for processing.

    All really simple and not a single component required other than a
    helper computer. :)

    ---

    Stefan Berglund
    Stefan Berglund, Apr 26, 2006
  5. I ended up going with an Xceed component
    works great.. no muss, no fuss

    Michael Kujawa, Apr 26, 2006