Classic asp registered with python in IIS 7

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ansuman Bebarta, Feb 2, 2011.

  1. I had a website which used IIS 6 to call classic asp pages. The asp
    pages called python script and the python pages was doing all the
    operations. Now I am using IIS7 in windows7 and while running my
    websites I am getting HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error.

    I have done following steps but no luck.
    I have installed asp in IIS7 and I have registered asp with python by
    running pyscript.py (using python 2.7).

    Let me tell you that I wrote a simple classic asp code and it worked
    in IIS7.The asp code was

    - <%response.write("Hello World")%>

    I wrote a cgi with python and it worked with IIS7.The python script
    for cgi was

    - print "Content-Type: text/plain;charset=utf-8"
    - print "Hello World!"

    But when I wrote another classic asp containing python code it didnt
    worked and I got same HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error. The code for asp with
    python was

    -<%@Language=Python%>
    -<%
    -x="Hello"