    Does anyone have ms-win binaries for gsl so that I can use the lsi
    routine in classifier_gem?

    Thanks
    Tom Reilly, May 4, 2005

  2. Hello Tom,

    > Does anyone have ms-win binaries for gsl so that I can use the lsi
    > routine in classifier_gem?

    I don't think they exist. You might find GSL bindings, but the rb-gsl
    (http://rb-gsl.rubyforge.org) extension is written in C and I'm
    skeptical of any binaries being available for it (although it is a
    great binding, thanks Yoshiki).

    The LSI part of classifier is still under rapid development. I have
    heard some talk of trying to find an alternative fast solution with
    less outside dependencies, but it has yet to surface.

    Cameron
    Cameron McBride, May 5, 2005

  3. Tom Reilly

    Dave Fayram Guest

    You might want to check this url:
    http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gsl.htm

    Making that build with the rb-gsl might not be trivial, but it's a
    start. If you just want to play with the algorithm and don't care how
    slow it is, we have a pure ruby prototype available via SVN. Send
    Cameron or I an email and we'll get you a copy.

    - dlf

    On 5/3/05, Tom Reilly <> wrote:
    > Does anyone have ms-win binaries for gsl so that I can use the lsi
    > routine in classifier_gem?
    >
    > Thanks

    Dave Fayram (II)

    Dave Fayram, May 5, 2005