classloader, getUI, web start, applet, javahelp

Discussion in 'Java' started by Honglin Ye, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Honglin Ye

    Honglin Ye Guest

    Hi,
    I have a program that have 2 versions. One java applet, one java web start.
    I am using javahelp. The classes are in one jar and the helpset in another jar.
    The program found help set in the jar file by getResource. The classLoader
    obtained is an AppletClassloaser for applet and an JNLPClassLoader for web start
    respectively. Neither of them worked when HelpSet(loader, url) was called.

    The exception is

    UIDefaults.getUI() failed: createUI() failed for
    javax.help.JHelpTOCNavigator[,0,0,0x0,invalid,alignmentX=null,alignmentY=null,border=,flags=0,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=]

    I found many message regarding this problem. I tried all the method I found in
    the net. I still could not resolve the issue.

    Originally, both applet classes and helpset are not jar-ed. It works.

    Thanks.
    Honglin Ye

    Honglin Ye, Aug 29, 2003