classloader, getUI, web start, applet, javahelp

Honglin Ye

Hi,
I have a program that have 2 versions. One java applet, one java web start.
I am using javahelp. The classes are in one jar and the helpset in another jar.
The program found help set in the jar file by getResource. The classLoader
obtained is an AppletClassloaser for applet and an JNLPClassLoader for web start
respectively. Neither of them worked when HelpSet(loader, url) was called.

The exception is

UIDefaults.getUI() failed: createUI() failed for
javax.help.JHelpTOCNavigator[,0,0,0x0,invalid,alignmentX=null,alignmentY=null,border=,flags=0,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=]

I found many message regarding this problem. I tried all the method I found in
the net. I still could not resolve the issue.

Originally, both applet classes and helpset are not jar-ed. It works.

Thanks.
Honglin Ye