    using tomcat. For some reason the classloader doesn't seem to work. The
    classes do compile properly without any problems. Is there some obvious
    problem with what I'm trying to do?

    Mr. Miguel, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Mr. Miguel wrote:

    > I've extended ClassLoader and we use it from our servlets to load custom
    > validation classes. We just moved from an IIS running java (all M$ stuff) to
    > using tomcat. For some reason the classloader doesn't seem to work. The
    > classes do compile properly without any problems. Is there some obvious
    > problem with what I'm trying to do?

    You didn't clarify at all what "doesn't seem to work" meant, so the most obvious
    consideration is that Tomcat runs its own configuration of classloaders. This could have
    implications for your classloader. Check their docs; they're decent enough about
    their classloaders.

    --
    Lee Fesperman, FirstSQL, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com)
    * The Ultimate DBMS is here!

    Lee Fesperman, Jul 12, 2003

  3. "Mr. Miguel" <_sodamnmad_@_hotmail_._com_> wrote in message
    > I've extended ClassLoader and we use it from our servlets to load custom
    > validation classes. We just moved from an IIS running java (all M$ stuff)

    > using tomcat. For some reason the classloader doesn't seem to work. The
    > classes do compile properly without any problems. Is there some obvious
    > problem with what I'm trying to do?

    The reason for the errors is that it can't find the files. I was just
    thinking about it, and I'm no longer sure if this is what I need. I'm
    creating a new post for this issue. The title for it will be "ClassLoader or
    Class.newInstance" (for anybody interested)

    Miguel De Anda, Jul 14, 2003