CLC wiki: faq

Jordan Abel

Has permission been given to use material from the C faq on
clc-wiki.net, and if not, are you (Steve Summit) able to and would you
like to give such permission? I know you probably have to consider
Addison-Wesley's interest in addition to your own, but I figured i'd
ask.

Jack Klein

Has permission been given to use material from the C faq on
clc-wiki.net, and if not, are you (Steve Summit) able to and would you
like to give such permission? I know you probably have to consider
Addison-Wesley's interest in addition to your own, but I figured i'd
ask.

If you want to ask Steve Summit a question about the use of his
intellectual property, who don't you send him an email? Why are you
posting a public announcement to comp.lang.c? Is this a negotiating
tactic, trying to drum up pressure from group regulars to coerce him
into cooperating?

Jordan Abel

If you want to ask Steve Summit a question about the use of his
intellectual property, who don't you send him an email? Why are you
posting a public announcement to comp.lang.c? Is this a negotiating
tactic, trying to drum up pressure from group regulars to coerce him
into cooperating?

I thought it was relevant, since both the faq and the wiki are
associated with the newsgroup and bear its name. I also honestly
couldn't remember if permission had been given previously, and thought
that if it had someone else might remember it.

Steve Summit

Jordan said:
I thought it was relevant, since both the faq and the wiki are
associated with the newsgroup and bear its name. I also honestly
couldn't remember if permission had been given previously...

The wiki maintainers and I are working on it (albeit slowly).
(My fault, not theirs.)

Steve Summit
(e-mail address removed)