CLDC help.....

Rohit

can ne1 plzzzzz tell me how can we access a cellphones iternal memory
usind cldc configuration. i know the specification says that accessing
that memory is prohibited but still there must be a method as mobile
viruses must be using such techniques.........

Oliver Wong

Rohit said:
can ne1 plzzzzz tell me how can we access a cellphones iternal memory
usind cldc configuration. i know the specification says that accessing
that memory is prohibited but still there must be a method as mobile
viruses must be using such techniques.........

Maybe mobile viruses aren't written using CLDC.

If I were going to write a ("normal") computer virus, I wouldn't write
it Java, for example.

- Oliver

Rohit

is there any other technique by which i can access the mobiles internal
memory. maybe in some other language....

Luke Webber

Rohit said:
is there any other technique by which i can access the mobiles internal
memory. maybe in some other language....

Undoubtedly there is, however this wouldn't be the group to tell you,
would it? <g>

Luke

tom fredriksen

Rohit said:
can ne1 plzzzzz tell me how can we access a cellphones iternal memory
usind cldc configuration. i know the specification says that accessing
that memory is prohibited but still there must be a method as mobile
viruses must be using such techniques.........

Most embedded stuff is written in C or C++, so your best bet is to check
that arena first. Usually each platform has a native development
environment based on some tools and a language, maybe you should check
for info there instead.

/tom

Darryl L. Pierce

Rohit said:
can ne1 plzzzzz tell me how can we access a cellphones iternal memory
usind cldc configuration. i know the specification says that accessing
that memory is prohibited but still there must be a method as mobile
viruses must be using such techniques.........

There are no Java-based mobile virii, so no there doesn't have to be a way.
And, BTW, CLDC only specifies a minimum virtual machine on which a profile
(such as the MIDP) runs.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/

Darryl L. Pierce

Rohit said:
is there any other technique by which i can access the mobiles internal
memory. maybe in some other language....

Nothing portable. Why do you want to be able to do this?

--

Rohit said:
is there any other technique by which i can access the mobiles internal
memory. maybe in some other language....

Maybe assembler? This is offtopic in this newsgroup though.

- Oliver

Rohit

i couldn't search for a soln to my prblm but neways, thanx everybody
for all dis info.