Clean solution - passing username + password between separate APPs

Filippo Pandiani

Hi there,
I am looking for a clean solution that will allow me to share critical info
(like username and password) values between separate DLL application.

Here is my scenario:
[Site.dll] contains the main page with the logon fields "txtUserName" and
"txtPassword".
[Engine.dll] contains the code where I check the credentials of the user
that tries to log in.

So, I wonder how can I pass the values "user" and "pwd" without using the
QueryString (therefore avoiding to show the actual password on the URL).

Any Gurus out there ????

Thanks,
Filippo.

Jeff Siver

As far as the logon info, I wouldn't pass that between the app's. Instead,
I wouldchange the value in the MachineKey node in the machine.config file so
that the authentication information is shared between the two apps. See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312906 for more
information.

For the rest of your data, if you don't want to use query strings or
cookies, you will probably have to store the data in the database from app 1
and retrieve it again in app 2.

Jeff

Filippo Pandiani said:
BTW,
This info may make a difference so I wanted to share it with you guys.

The URL looks like this: http://myserver/SITE/ENGINE
meaning that the ENGINE.dll is a sub directory of the SITE.dll

Filippo.