Clean way to send HTML e-mail with image using default mail client?

Ramon

Hi --

We want to embed a "Send image via email" link in our app but (a) want
to allow the user to add some additional information / text to the
email and (b) don't want to clone a whole email client in our app. So
the user experience we're trying to deliver is similar to what happens
when you click on a mailto link in a browser: you get a blank email,
with your favorite email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc), with the
address and subject line filled in (if the mailto link was configured
with that info). We'd like to do the same, but also have a newly-
generated image included in the email, either as an attachment or
embedded in an HTML email. Users can use their own signatures,
addressbooks, etc.

AFAICT JavaMail doesn't support this mode. Is there a clean way -- as
encapsulated by a best practice or library -- for sending e-mail in
this way?

Thanks!

Ramon

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Ramon said:
[...]

Are you asking on how to send an email with both HTML and
attached image via JavaMail API ?

Or are you asking how to activate the default mail program
on the system with an image attached ?

Arne

Ramon

Are you asking on how to send an email with both HTML and
attached image via JavaMail API ?

Or are you asking how to activate the default mail program
on the system with an image attached ?
The second one -- use the default mail program.

Thx,

Ramon