Cleaning Up After J-Album

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, sorry.no.email@post_NG.com
vouchsafed:
Hi,

I am cleaning up some table-based layout (and a nest on inline
styles) generated by J-Album (http://jalbum.net/) and have struck an
exasperating problem.

On the test page:

http://www.pnc.com.au/~plstrong/image_libraries/robert_strong/slides/te
st.html

the background image under the cell titled 'Image Libraries / Robert
GD STRONG' bleeds underneath in Firefox 1.0.5 but not Internet
Explorer 6.

Any ideas?

I didn't see any bleeding in Firefox 1.5.0.3. Update.

Ed Mullen

Hi,

I am cleaning up some table-based layout (and a nest on inline
styles) generated by J-Album (http://jalbum.net/) and have struck an
exasperating problem.

On the test page:

http://www.pnc.com.au/~plstrong/image_libraries/robert_strong/slides/test.html

the background image under the cell titled 'Image Libraries / Robert
GD STRONG' bleeds underneath in Firefox 1.0.5 but not Internet
Explorer 6.

Any ideas?

Thanks to all who can help,

Andrew.

Looks identical here on WinXP in Firefox, SeaMonkey, Opera, and IE6.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

sorry.no.email

To further the education of mankind, sorry.no.email@post_NG.com
vouchsafed:

I didn't see any bleeding in Firefox 1.5.0.3. Update.

Hi,

Thanks for that. I have actually now found and solved the problem. I
went back and made changes one by one and checked after each change.
The odd effect I saw (and have now corrected) occurred when I changed
the Doctype from Transitional to Strict, in either 4.01 or XHTML 1.0.
Problem was a mismatch with the use of the 3 images used as backing
for the table row, Transitional forgave it but Strict did not.

Just shows it is easier to start from scratch than convert.

Thanks for you your trouble,

Andrew.

PS Late night dyslexia converted 1.5.0 to 1.0.5 :)

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, sorry.no.email@post_NG.com vouchsafed:
Hi,

Thanks for that. I have actually now found and solved the problem. I
went back and made changes one by one and checked after each change.
The odd effect I saw (and have now corrected) occurred when I changed
the Doctype from Transitional to Strict, in either 4.01 or XHTML 1.0.
Problem was a mismatch with the use of the 3 images used as backing
for the table row, Transitional forgave it but Strict did not.

Just shows it is easier to start from scratch than convert.

Thanks for you your trouble,

Andrew.

PS Late night dyslexia converted 1.5.0 to 1.0.5 :)

Ahh, yes, been there; done that. But I'm curious; what kind of mismatch?
-Alpha transparency or something? I haven't often seen cases where ye olde
doctype affects background images per se. (-Their container, though, is
another matter.)

BrodieSola