Cleaning Up After J-Album

Discussion in 'HTML' started by sorry.no.email@post_NG.com, May 18, 2006.

  1. sorry.no.email@post_NG.com, May 18, 2006

  2. sorry.no.email@post_NG.com

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, sorry.no.email@post_NG.com
    vouchsafed:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am cleaning up some table-based layout (and a nest on inline
    > styles) generated by J-Album (http://jalbum.net/) and have struck an
    > exasperating problem.
    >
    > On the test page:
    >
    > http://www.pnc.com.au/~plstrong/image_libraries/robert_strong/slides/te
    > st.html
    >
    > the background image under the cell titled 'Image Libraries / Robert
    > GD STRONG' bleeds underneath in Firefox 1.0.5 but not Internet
    > Explorer 6.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I didn't see any bleeding in Firefox 1.5.0.3. Update.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, May 18, 2006

  3. sorry.no.email@post_NG.com

    Ed Mullen Guest

    sorry.no.email@post_NG.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am cleaning up some table-based layout (and a nest on inline
    > styles) generated by J-Album (http://jalbum.net/) and have struck an
    > exasperating problem.
    >
    > On the test page:
    >
    > http://www.pnc.com.au/~plstrong/image_libraries/robert_strong/slides/test.html
    >
    > the background image under the cell titled 'Image Libraries / Robert
    > GD STRONG' bleeds underneath in Firefox 1.0.5 but not Internet
    > Explorer 6.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks to all who can help,
    >
    > Andrew.

    Looks identical here on WinXP in Firefox, SeaMonkey, Opera, and IE6.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, May 18, 2006
  4. sorry.no.email@post_NG.com

    nyc kid Guest

    The browser is old...update to the latest version.

    nyc kid, May 18, 2006
  5. On Thu, 18 May 2006 03:47:18 -0400, Neredbojias
    <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote:

    >To further the education of mankind, sorry.no.email@post_NG.com
    >vouchsafed:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am cleaning up some table-based layout (and a nest on inline
    >> styles) generated by J-Album (http://jalbum.net/) and have struck an
    >> exasperating problem.
    >>
    >> On the test page:
    >>
    >> http://www.pnc.com.au/~plstrong/image_libraries/robert_strong/slides/te
    >> st.html
    >>
    >> the background image under the cell titled 'Image Libraries / Robert
    >> GD STRONG' bleeds underneath in Firefox 1.0.5 but not Internet
    >> Explorer 6.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    >I didn't see any bleeding in Firefox 1.5.0.3. Update.

    Hi,

    Thanks for that. I have actually now found and solved the problem. I
    went back and made changes one by one and checked after each change.
    The odd effect I saw (and have now corrected) occurred when I changed
    the Doctype from Transitional to Strict, in either 4.01 or XHTML 1.0.
    Problem was a mismatch with the use of the 3 images used as backing
    for the table row, Transitional forgave it but Strict did not.

    Just shows it is easier to start from scratch than convert.

    Thanks for you your trouble,

    Andrew.

    PS Late night dyslexia converted 1.5.0 to 1.0.5 :)
    sorry.no.email@post_NG.com, May 19, 2006
  6. sorry.no.email@post_NG.com

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, sorry.no.email@post_NG.com vouchsafed:

    >>I didn't see any bleeding in Firefox 1.5.0.3. Update.

    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for that. I have actually now found and solved the problem. I
    > went back and made changes one by one and checked after each change.
    > The odd effect I saw (and have now corrected) occurred when I changed
    > the Doctype from Transitional to Strict, in either 4.01 or XHTML 1.0.
    > Problem was a mismatch with the use of the 3 images used as backing
    > for the table row, Transitional forgave it but Strict did not.
    >
    > Just shows it is easier to start from scratch than convert.
    >
    > Thanks for you your trouble,
    >
    > Andrew.
    >
    > PS Late night dyslexia converted 1.5.0 to 1.0.5 :)

    Ahh, yes, been there; done that. But I'm curious; what kind of mismatch?
    -Alpha transparency or something? I haven't often seen cases where ye olde
    doctype affects background images per se. (-Their container, though, is
    another matter.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.