cleaning up Frontpage code

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jonathan said:
I guess I lost too many friends. I rather carry my body in one piece
with four wheels then release my soul from it with two.

I've lost a few as well, Jonathan, including a cousin who missed a stop
sign and hit the side of a garbage truck. But it's all relative. I've
ridden over a half-million miles and seem to have survived. :)

Jonathan N. Little

Beauregard said:
Jonathan N. Little wrote:
I've lost a few as well, Jonathan, including a cousin who missed a stop
sign and hit the side of a garbage truck. But it's all relative. I've
ridden over a half-million miles and seem to have survived. :)

With all parts intact?

My son way toying with the idea after college. All I could think about
was a dear friend who was a very careful guy and this little patch of
sand. For him it only cost him the little finger on his right hand, his
wife-the mother of his two young girls. I just think of the few, very
few accidents that I have had over the many years, none where my fault.
Last two where deer and I was very thankful for all that steel and an
airbags...

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jonathan said:
With all parts intact?

Yes, of course.
My son way toying with the idea after college. All I could think
about was a dear friend who was a very careful guy and this little
patch of sand. For him it only cost him the little finger on his
right hand, his wife-the mother of his two young girls.

Are you saying he lost his finger, and his wife died? Sorry to hear
that if that's what you meant.
I just think of the few, very few accidents that I have had over the
many years, none where my fault. Last two where deer and I was very
thankful for all that steel and an airbags...

I've had a few get-offs meself. Ruined a couple of riding suits,
including the time I hit a deer at 65+ mph. Motorcycle and leather suit:
trashed; me, not even scratched.

But I do not wish to further debate the safeness of motorcycle riding.
If it's not in your blood, you won't like it no matter what anyone says.

Jonathan N. Little

Beauregard said:
Yes, of course.

Well that is a relief
Are you saying he lost his finger, and his wife died? Sorry to hear
that if that's what you meant.

Yes, was poor attempt at being a bit poetic
I've had a few get-offs meself. Ruined a couple of riding suits,
including the time I hit a deer at 65+ mph. Motorcycle and leather suit:
trashed; me, not even scratched.

Wow! I am afraid I don't have that kind of luck.
But I do not wish to further debate the safeness of motorcycle riding.
If it's not in your blood, you won't like it no matter what anyone says.

I agree I really did not wish to debate, or pass judgment. More just
comments. I can see the appeal, during the gas shortage...the one in the
70's I toyed with the idea to save gas college-work-girl commute. Stuck
with my 1200cc Corolla instead! ;-) Now a drive an old Probe GT and when
I look across and can barely see the top of the Escalade rims beside me
at a light...at least back in the 70's you only had to watch out for the
tractor trailers!

dorayme

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
I've
ridden over a half-million miles and seem to have survived.

....but you are not completely sure? I know what you mean! <g>