clear shell screen

Shawn Minisall

Does anyone know how to clear the shell screen completely ? I tried
import os and then os.system("clear") was said to have worked in Windows
XP, but it's just bringing up another window, then it turns black and
then it closes in within about a second moving the prompt at the
os.system("clear") line . I've also tried os.system("cls") with the
same results.

thx

Tim Roberts

Shawn Minisall said:
Does anyone know how to clear the shell screen completely ? I tried
import os and then os.system("clear") was said to have worked in Windows
XP, but it's just bringing up another window, then it turns black and
then it closes in within about a second moving the prompt at the
os.system("clear") line . I've also tried os.system("cls") with the
same results.

os.system('cls') works just fine from a command shell. I just tried it.

Are you running from inside Pythonwin? If so, then what you are looking at
is not a "shell screen" in any way. It's a simulation, and I don't know of
any way to clear it.