Clearcase with IIS 5.1 and ASP.NET?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ed Dennison, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Ed Dennison

    Ed Dennison Guest

    I'm trying to use Clearcase to manage source for an ASP.NET
    application. I believe that I have configured IIS properly and set up
    my VS.NET solution and project files, but my pages do not work.

    Specifically, when I try to load the page from a browser (or debugging
    in VS.NET), I get this error page:

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'srdm.Global'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs"
    Inherits="srdm.Global" %>

    If I place a plain old HTML file in the same directory, it loads fine
    from a browser. My assumption is that IIS and/or ASP.NET cannot find,
    open, or load the DLL that contains the object code from my compiled
    Global.asax.cs file. I have rebuilt my application (deleting the dll)
    numerous times but to no avail.

    The application works perfectly when it is stored in a local disk
    directory.

    Has anyone out there successfully used ASP.NET + IIS 5.1 + Clearcase?

    Thanks,
    Ed

    Ed Dennison, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Ed Dennison

    Ed Dennison Guest

    Not that anyone cares, but I found the answer to my problem to be that
    the default setting for .NET security does not permit a .NET DLL to be
    executed from a shared directory. When ASP.NET tried to invoke the
    code in my application's DLL, it was unable to do so.

    Setting the trust level for the local intranet to be "Full trust"
    fixed the problem.

    Ed Dennison, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Ed Dennison

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Ed....
    okay i guess we're all busy with our own thing most of the times... but it
    does certainly help knowing how someone sorted something...
    its possible that one of us might face a similar problem.... (can never tell
    when it might be useful)
    Thanks for posting your comments back...

    --
    Regards,

    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 9, 2004