Clearing HTTPHandlers

Patrick Kristiansen

Hi!

I have on my website a root web.config file, and also created a
subapplication "/publikationer". In my root web.config I've specified
an HTTP-handler for some requests, but this is mirrored in my
subapplication. Eventhough I <clear /> my HTTP-handlers it doesn't
seem to work, and it still gives me an error about an assembly not
found. It should not use this certain HTTP-handler in my
subapplication.

What should I do?

==== My root web.config ====
<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*" path="*.ventus" type="Ventus.VentusHttpHandler,Ventus"
/>
</httpHandlers>

==== Subapplication web.config ====
<httpHandlers>
<clear/>
</httpHandlers>

==== Error ===
File or assembly name Ventus, or one of its dependencies, was not
found.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

John Saunders

Patrick Kristiansen said:
Hi!

I have on my website a root web.config file, and also created a
subapplication "/publikationer". In my root web.config I've specified
an HTTP-handler for some requests, but this is mirrored in my
subapplication. Eventhough I <clear /> my HTTP-handlers it doesn't
seem to work, and it still gives me an error about an assembly not
found. It should not use this certain HTTP-handler in my
subapplication.

What should I do?

Microsoft has previously admitted that this is a deficiency in ASP.NET. The
answer is that you'l have to include that assembly where your subapplication
can find it, maybe in the bin directory.