    command line. If so, does anyone know the syntax for doing so. Any help
    would be appreciated thanks.

    , Mar 8, 2006

  2. Thomas Weidenfeller, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Okay, I've found the documentation but I'm having a strange issue:

    -Xclearcache does "work," but gives me the following
    error:

    "An error occurred while launching/running the application.
    Category: System Configuration
    The current user does not have write access to the cache."

    The exception is as follows:
    "JNLPException[category: System Configuration : Exception: null :
    LaunchDesc: null ] at com.sun.javaws.Main.main(Unknown Source)"

    I am logged on as a local administrator while trying to run the
    command; and I definately have write the ability to write to the cache
    directory (is this what they mean by cache?). This seems strange.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Matt

    Matt Brown - identify, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Matt Brown - identify wrote:
    > The exception is as follows:
    > "JNLPException[category: System Configuration : Exception: null :
    > LaunchDesc: null ] at com.sun.javaws.Main.main(Unknown Source)"
    >
    > I am logged on as a local administrator while trying to run the
    > command; and I definately have write the ability to write to the cache
    > directory (is this what they mean by cache?). This seems strange.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/sea...=JNLPException[category: System Configuration

    BTW: Please consider to stick to one identity.

    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Mar 10, 2006