Clearing Screen

Sebastian Becker

Hello,

are there any other other possibilities to clear the screen (MS-DOS)
then clrscr(turns the background grey) and VT-100 escape (don't do
anything) commands ? Both don't seem to work on my embedded system.

Regards, Sebastian

Thomas Matthews

Sebastian said:
Hello,

are there any other other possibilities to clear the screen (MS-DOS)
then clrscr(turns the background grey) and VT-100 escape (don't do
anything) commands ? Both don't seem to work on my embedded system.

Regards, Sebastian

So, how is the screen represented on your embedded system?

{Check out the following:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/input-output.html#faq-15.20
http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/c-faq/q19.4.html
http://ma.rtij.nl/acllc-c++.FAQ.html#q4.2
http://www.comeaucomputing.com/techtalk/#clearscreen

In other words, read the FAQ before posting.}

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Mike Wahler

Sebastian Becker said:
Hello,

are there any other other possibilities to clear the screen (MS-DOS)
then clrscr(turns the background grey) and VT-100 escape (don't do
anything) commands ? Both don't seem to work on my embedded system.

This is exactly why C++ does not provide support for these
hardware-specific operations -- C++ is by design platform
independent, intended to be implementable on the widest
variety of platforms, all of which don't necessarily share
the same hardware components. (e.g. C++ implementations
could be (and have been) created for platforms which don't
have video displays (or keyboards, etc.) at all.

What you want to do requires platform specific features,
typically provided via special keywords or library extensions
by implementations targeting a given platform.

IOW check your implementation and/or OS documentation, and/or
support resources for them.

-Mike