Clearing the console

Discussion in 'Java' started by Gordon Beaton, Nov 7, 2005.

  1. On 7 Nov 2005 01:22:11 -0800, aravindr_88 wrote:
    > I wanted to know is there exists any standard way to clear the
    > console programatically. Thanking in advance.

    "The" console is different on different platforms, and on some
    platforms there are more than one to choose from. Java doesn't provide
    any mechanisms to help with this.

    You seem to be posting from Linux, so you can most likely achieve what
    you want by printing xterm control sequences to System.out. Use Google
    to find the standard document.

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Gordon Beaton

    aravindr_88 Guest

    I wanted to know is there exists any
    standard way to clear the console programatically. Thanking in advance.

    Bye

    aravindr_88, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Gordon Beaton

    Roedy Green Guest