Clearing the days of anydata

Ron Harter

I am new to ASP .Net and still learning so please bear with me. I have a
calendar control where I need the days that are not part of the current
month to be empty. I can't find anything in the documentation on how to do
this so I ended up setting the foreground and background color to be the
same for the OtherMonthDayStyle. Data is still being rendered in the cell
for that day but it is invisible.

This seems kludgey to me and I was wondering of anyone has a cleaner way to
not show anything.

Stan

I am new to ASP .Net and still learning so please bear with me. I have a
calendar control where I need the days that are not part of the current
month to be empty. I can't find anything in the documentation on how to do
this so I ended up setting the foreground and background color to be the
same for the OtherMonthDayStyle. Data is still being rendered in the cell
for that day but it is invisible.

This seems kludgey to me and I was wondering of anyone has a cleaner way to
not show anything.

Try this in the RenderDay event

if (e.Day.IsOtherMonth)
{
e.Cell.Controls.Clear(); // remove the date selector link
button
e.Cell.Text = " "; // insert a placeholder for the
empty cell
}

Note that since the calendar is rendered as a table, the empty cell
must contain something to preserve the structure. Hence the
character (non-break space).