    I'm using html-Kit.

    Regards
    Mark

    Usenet, Feb 8, 2006

  2. Usenet wrote:
    > OK,
    >
    > I'm converting a website to use CSS (I'm a little new to it) and away
    > from FrontPage that it's been developed on so far.
    >
    > Anyone got some nice hints for tools to get rid of all that rubbish
    > it leaves around?
    > I've just started on the index page and have to hack out *loads* of
    > things that are either now not wanted or just rubbish (eg <!--
    > mstheme><font face=x></font> ie with nothing to apply the font to!)
    >
    > If I have to do the whole website by hand it'll take ages!
    >
    > I'm using html-Kit.

    Mark, my advice build a skeletal framework with html-Kit, open up the
    old site in a browser, use to copy the text only. Recode your links,
    then style with css.

    FP puts some much junk, I have found in the long run the above method of
    essentially grabbing the content text and using new markup yields better
    results and least futzing...any your end produce will look better if you
    do not try to duplicate those awful FP canned styles!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 8, 2006

  3. Usenet

    Usenet Guest

    Thanks Jonathan,

    The more I thought about it the more I was coming to that opinion
    myself.

    Confirmation is always nice though :cool:

    Regards
    Mark Stanton
    One small step for mankind...

    Usenet, Feb 9, 2006
  4. Usenet wrote:

    > Thanks Jonathan,
    >
    > The more I thought about it the more I was coming to that opinion
    > myself.
    >
    > Confirmation is always nice though :cool:

    Been there and done that! You will be amazed at not only will the site
    look and work better, but at how much less real estate the site will
    occupy on the server! No only does FP clutter the markup with propriety
    and deprecated code, but is also duplicates and duplicates and
    *duplicates* images used in the site and for their 'themes' support! A
    while back overhauled little FP site for a client that was about 7MB and
    after dumping all the FP crap and all and yet doubling the number of
    pages AND adding more than ten-fold increase in content images for the
    site was the new one was less than 2MB!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 9, 2006
  5. Usenet

    Usenet Guest

    Many thanks

    > Take care,

    Keep me covered, I'm going in! ...

    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    > http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Nice site :cool:

    Mark Stanton
    One small step for mankind...

    Usenet, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Usenet

    Usenet Guest

    On the subject of "Clearing up mess made by FrontPage", Jonathan N. Little
    said:
    > Been there and done that! You will be amazed at not only will the site
    > look and work better,

    And not only those, but also the html is now *readable* (!) when previously
    it was just a mish-mash!!

    Marvellous.
    That's the first page done :cool: 8-(

    :cool: