Clearing values in WebControls

John Smith

Hi folks,

I have a form with ASP.NET web controls.
At the end of the form there's the "Clear" button to clear the available
values and start over.
How do I do that?
The following did not work because it unloaded the controls, and not just
clearing the values:
- this.Controls.Clear();

How do I do it easily? For example, the following pseudo is what I want to
accomplish:
- foreach (control in myControlCollection)
control.ClearValue();
or the following is just as acceptable since there are only a few control
type:
- foreach (control in myControlCollection)
type = control.GetType()
switch type
case 'DropDownList':
control.Remove.Item();
case 'TextBox':
control.Text = "";
etc. etc.

What I don't want to do is to have to type in each control instance name and
reset the values one by one.
Is this possible?
If yes, would you please write a small example or point me to a MS:Help
file/page you found that in.
Thanks very much.

- js.

Natty Gur

John Hi,

Did you consider using the old (HTML) Reset button?

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114