cleartrust authentication in ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by TTK, Jan 30, 2008.

  1. TTK

    TTK Guest

    I have an ASP page that will be calling a vb.net web service. The web service
    is secured by clear trust authentication. We have done some research and we
    found that we need to do the following in order to reach the web service from
    our ASP:
    1. Create MSXML2.XMLHTTP object in the ASP
    2. call the URL where the web service resides passing to it the user id and
    password
    3. capture the new url and the cookie that the response will contain
    4. call the new url and pass to it the cookie that was received in the
    response
    5. another URL will be received and we need to use that to access the web
    service
    These are the steps that we understood that needs to be done. I am really
    disappointed that there are no documentations on that. Also, I am wondering
    if there is any code that some one can share with me to use in my ASP. this
    is the code that I have for now but I need to include those steps.
    function fnCallWS(parm1, parm2, parm3)
    Dim objxmlhttp
    Dim strDataToSend
    Dim strPostUrl
    Dim strReturn

    strDataToSend="val1=" & parm1& "&val2=" & parm2& "&val3=" & parm3
    strPostUrl = "https://XXXXXXX/service.asmx"
    Set objxmlhttp = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
    objxmlhttp.Open "POST",strPostUrl,false
    objxmlhttp.setRequestHeader
    "Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
    objxmlhttp.send strDataToSend
    strReturn = objxmlhttp.responseText
    end function

    TTK, Jan 30, 2008