    What I am thinking is to "break" my sql queries to as many parts as the
    number of cpu cores , and then fork every part.
    Do you think it is going to work ; Do you have any other idea ; Thanks.
    George Mpouras, Apr 16, 2013

  2. "George Mpouras"
    <>
    writes:
    > I want to utilize all the cpu cores as much as possible.
    > What I am thinking is to "break" my sql queries to as many parts as
    > the number of cpu cores , and then fork every part.
    > Do you think it is going to work ;

    Probably. The more interesting question is "Does this make
    sense?". You could utilize more than one core for 'application
    computing' in this way, however 'SQL query' usually implies RDBMS
    which means that a lot of the 'computing' is done insided the
    database management system which is unaffected by forks done in an
    application and that I/O is necessary to move the queries to the
    database and the results back to the application. I/O is also (at
    best) unaffected by application forks and it is going to be a lot
    slower than 'computing', hence, there's a non-negligible chance that
    your application is either I/O bound or that 'the CPU-bound parts'
    happen insided the RDBMS.
    Rainer Weikusat, Apr 17, 2013