Click even won't execute correctly

Guest

Hi
I've got a little issue with a form I'm working on right now. I have several
command buttons on my web form and when I click on several of them, I get no
response at all. I have defined events for the controls. Hmmm, I wonder, I
also have 3 RequiredFieldValidator controls also on this form for another
section of this Master/Detail form. If these controls fail there validation
(which it would, because the controls have no data, they are used for adding
new items) would this cause the buttons to not work? I just started thinking
that this could a problem. If this is it, what would you suggest to get
around this.
This form has visiable sections, the upper contains the Purchase orders,
when they select a PO the lower section grid fills with the items in the po
request. Now under this I have the controls that are using the vaidation
controls, and they are only used to add new items to the po.
If I disable the controls until the user clicks a ADD Item button, and
asfter the user submits the new item, disable the controls again. Would this
take care of the validation controls? What have others done? Thanks for any
suggestions.
Michael

Guest

Hi Everyone,
I beleive I've got my issue taken care of. What I did was disable the
validators and the controls until the user clicks a AddItem button, then I
enable all the control so that the user can add new items, then I disable the
validator controls again after the new data has been submitted.
Thanks for taking the time to stop and check out the message.
Michael

Guest

With asp.net 2.0 you can set ValidationGroups to associate validators with
particular controls. You can also set the CausesValidation property of the
button to "False" and it won't trigger any kind of validation ever.