Click Event Not Firing

Hardin Brothers

In Framework 1.1 (VS 2003, C#) I've written a server control that contains a
button. If I place the control on a page surface, it renders fine and the
button's click event fires, changing the visual state of the control. But
if I place the control inside the template of another server control I've
written, the event doesn't fire (the page posts back, but the click never
gets called.

I think I'm missing something simple, but what? My ultimate design goal is
for deeply nested custom controls, something like custom TextBoxes inside of
a repeater template inside a repeater template inside a page-sized custom
control. But it's essential that I be able to capture events at the lowest
levels.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hardin

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

can you show the relevant code? Do you also implement INamingContainer
interface?

Hardin Brothers

I just found the problem. I had omitted the INamingContainer tag interface
on the control that contains the template.

Thanks.