Click multiple regions on a map

Jerry Manner

Hi

I need a map of a country on which a region( part of the map) can be
clicked ( or on mouseover) causing, on another part of the same page,
the appearance of information regarding the region.

I know how to show the information based on another part of the page,
but I don't know how to make a map of a country clickable ( meaning,
clicking different part of the map to show info on the page).
How can I make a map of a country with different clickable regions?

Regards

cwdjrxyz

Jerry said:
Hi

I need a map of a country on which a region( part of the map) can be
clicked ( or on mouseover) causing, on another part of the same page,
the appearance of information regarding the region.

I know how to show the information based on another part of the page,
but I don't know how to make a map of a country clickable ( meaning,
clicking different part of the map to show info on the page).
How can I make a map of a country with different clickable regions?

Regards

Making regions of a map clickable using hand written code can become a
bit tedious if you have many areas, such as individual states in a
country. Some of the expensive programs to build pages could help.
However there is a little program called CuteMAP from Globalscape that
can really speed mapping up. I received this program as "bait" to
upgrade my CuteFTP client to the professional model. However, I think
you can buy CuteMAP alone at a fairly reasonable price. You can select
a rectangle, circular, or polygon area by moving a cursor around on
your map to define the area you wish to include. The polygon feature
allows you to better cover an irregular area you wish to make hot. The
program writes all of the code you need. Some of the code may not
please the purist, but you can always touch it up, if you feel the
need.