    clicking different part of the map to show info on the page).
    How can I make a map of a country with different clickable regions?

    Regards

    Jerry Manner, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Jerry Manner

    Pascual Guest

    Hi Jerry!

    Have look at http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_map.asp

    Pascual, Jun 27, 2005

  3. Jerry Manner

    Jerry Manner Guest

    Yes, that was what I was looking for, thank you!!!

    Jerry Manner, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Jerry Manner

    Guest

    Jerry Manner wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I need a map of a country on which a region( part of the map) can be
    > clicked ( or on mouseover) causing, on another part of the same page,
    > the appearance of information regarding the region.
    >
    > I know how to show the information based on another part of the page,
    > but I don't know how to make a map of a country clickable ( meaning,
    > clicking different part of the map to show info on the page).
    > How can I make a map of a country with different clickable regions?
    >
    > Regards

    Making regions of a map clickable using hand written code can become a
    bit tedious if you have many areas, such as individual states in a
    country. Some of the expensive programs to build pages could help.
    However there is a little program called CuteMAP from Globalscape that
    can really speed mapping up. I received this program as "bait" to
    upgrade my CuteFTP client to the professional model. However, I think
    you can buy CuteMAP alone at a fairly reasonable price. You can select
    a rectangle, circular, or polygon area by moving a cursor around on
    your map to define the area you wish to include. The polygon feature
    allows you to better cover an irregular area you wish to make hot. The
    program writes all of the code you need. Some of the code may not
    please the purist, but you can always touch it up, if you feel the
    need.

    , Jun 29, 2005